Infrastructure Support Engineer – Exton, PA
Large, publicly held firm near Wayne, PA. The Client is recognized as one of the Philadelphia area’s premier employers and a “best place to work”. This is an extremely supportive work environment – employer seeks and rewards energetic and upwardly mobile candidates. Seeking a candidate looking for a career position with company that encourages long term relationships!
Seeking an Infrastructure Support Engineer to be responsible for upgrades, troubleshooting, maintenance, and support for client’s data center environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated IT professional looking for high-level mentorship and career growth.
Senior Infrastructure Support Engineers are responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and troubleshooting of a variety of projects – ultimately owning the health of the LAN, Exchange, Active Director and Server environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field), or relevant work experience
- 5+ years technical experience with increasing responsibility
- 4+ years working with Windows based production environments
- Familiarity with Windows Server and administering Active Directory
- Experience managing VMware
- Experience with firewall, managed switch, and access point configuration
- Ability to assess a broad range of technologies including LAN/WAN, VPN, IPD, and overall network and systems management
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, DNS, and HTTP
- Experience administering network services, such as SMTP, DNS, etc.
- Proven ability to automate tasks and maintenance with a combination of custom scripts
- Excellent customer service, communication, written and organizational skills
- Experience with Cisco Systems
- Experience with HP servers and workstations
- Setup, install, and troubleshoot Windows based workstations
- Setup, install, and troubleshoot Windows based servers and backup solutions
- Provide support for new applications and upgrades to existing systems
- Create and implement solutions to technical problems and implementation of new systems or infrastructure changes
- Monitor critical systems and take corrective actions prior to failure
- Prepare for disaster recovery and ensure that appropriate backups are completed and tested
- Troubleshoot software and hardware failures and identify network problems
- Establish and maintain security and integrity controls
- Identify additional opportunities at client sites
- Effectively execute service offerings and communicate their value to clients
- Assume responsibility for on time and efficient service
Job ID: 35228