Python/Django Software Developer -Frontend Jersey City NJ
Established, 75 person, growing e-Commerce company is seeking a Python/Django Software Developer.
They have established a cutting-edge business model in a competitive segment of the e-Commerce space. They have an immediate opening for a Python Django developer who will lead a small team of crack developers as they continue to innovate their product-solutions offerings.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, Python Django developer with a true “can-do” attitude and the ability to creatively attack technical problems. This role will collaborate directly with the product management team to craft new system features, improve the capabilities of the platform and amplify user experience. It’s an opportunity to test and shape your professional potential – you’ll have significant impact on the products you develop and influence on the direction of the company. At this company your technical ability and creativity will be allowed to really shine.
The company culture is entrepreneurial and practical and the working style is collaborative. It’s an environment that demands a personality that can take initiative and lead and rewards a good team player. If you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty you’ll fit right in. Code Divas need not apply.
- Advanced knowledge of Python including object-oriented programming
- Experience building distributed systems (e.g. Celery, ZMQ, HTTP or similar tools)
- Advanced knowledge of Django – beyond models, views, URLs, and templates, you have written raw SQL, form sets, template tags & filters
- Experience building and consuming RESTful web services
- Caching, scaling, and front-to-back performance best practices
- Comfortable working in Linux environments
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB) a plus
Job ID: 35206