Systems Support Engineer – Philadelphia, PA
Large, professional services firm in Center City – international company. Excellent work environment, convenient middle of town location.
Seeking a Systems Support Engineer
In this critical role, the successful candidate will demonstrate a track record of accomplishments in the following areas:
- Actively participate in the planning, design, and implementation of various VMware solutions and other virtualization technologies that support a fast growing virtualization environment.
- Serve as a virtualization SME and perform infrastructure administration maintenance tasks and analyzes processes for improvement.
- Provides support for complex infrastructure and systems engineering/implementation activities including off-shift support.
- Perform medium to high complexity Infrastructure changes and implementations.
- Analyze potential changes and enhancements to systems on both software and hardware to determine impact on existing production systems, system design standards, and operating procedures
- Participate in Infrastructure technology design process and disaster recovery exercises.
- Contribute to decision making on strategies for Infrastructure changes/enhancements.
- Create necessary technical documentation and procedures as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Management Team.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Business Administration, Mathematics, or a directly related field plus five (5) years of experience installing and building IT infrastructure utilizing latest technology and providing operational support. Experience must include:
- Current VMware Certifications
- Advanced knowledge of VMware vCenter and vSphere ESXi 4.x and above.
- Design, Build and Operate VMware vCenter and vSphere ESXi systems in a geographically distributed datacenter and remote office environments.
- Build and operate disaster recovery solutions for VMWare environments using VMWare SRM solution and EMC SRDF Storage replication solutions.
- Build and support VMware vRealize Operations (vROps) to provide intelligent operations management across physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructure.
- Minimum three years of experience with HP server hardware and blade systems (HP C7000 with Virtual Connect Virtual Connect Enterprise Manager and traditional Cisco switching infrastructure)
- Solid knowledge of all versions of Windows operating systems. Linux/Unix knowledge is desirable
- Knowledge of networking concepts TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Routing, VLANs, firewalls and F5 load balancer.
- Knowledge of different storage protocols, (SAN, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS)
- Experience with enterprise storage platforms such as EMC VNX, VMAX, XtremIO. Virtual storage such as vSAN is desirable.
- Experience with scripting tools such as Powercli, Powershell and Python to automate repeatable tasks is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of incident and change management principles and best practices.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of server hardware
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and adjust multiple priorities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work independently and as well as working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Job ID: 35236