RPG Programmer Analyst – Malvern, PA
Well established company near Malvern, PA seeks experienced RPG Free Developer to join their team.
Immediate need for iSeries RPG Programmer/Analyst. Minimum of 5 years application programming required. Experience with RPG free, DB2 and embedded SQL required. Must be willing and able to review legacy code written in freeform and assist in documenting existing business logic.
- Gathering and experience writing web-based applications and API development experience preferred.
RPG PROGRAMMER DUTIES:
- Establish an understanding of the organization business goals is essential as well as the ability to adapt and contribute to these goals
- Work with subject matter experts to acquire knowledge and understanding of existing systems and processes and be able to utilize new-found knowledge to provide technical solutions to business needs
- Develop and support programs written in RPG-ILE RPG Free and CL with DDS for file specifications
- Support iSeries software applications developed in past years with noticeable changes in programming technology
- Exhibit a real understanding of quality assurance and the ability to create and execute formal test plans
- Identify new technology tools and acquire new programming skills needed to make a productive use of these tools when needed without impacting project deadlines
- Work with other departments, remote users and vendors to execute a planned implementation
RPG PROGRAMMER PROFILE:
- 5+ years of experience and a working familiarity with the IBM AS400/iSeries and a willingness to work on older technology
- Platforms: iSeries, IBM AS400, RPG IV, RPG ILE, RPG Free, SQL, CL, DDS, Query400
- Database Type: DB2
- Proficiency is required for all general business tools like Microsoft Office
- An understanding of current trends in transportation technology is important
- In addition to technical savvy this person must be a goal-oriented self-starter with high energy levels
- BS, Associates in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience required.
Job ID: 35562