Materials Engineer – PVC Subject Matter Expert – Wilmington, OH
Growing PVC products innovator and manufacturer is seeking a Materials Engineer for a fulltime, highly visible role in their R+D Department. The PVC Materials Engineer will be responsible for identifying both material and process related, innovations, improving existing products and enabling the ongoing creation of new products.
- Identifies tactical and strategic technology opportunities
- Oversees and coordinates the design, development and maintenance of technology involved in developing new products or manufacturing process, including evaluation of potential and practicality
- Oversees identification and action on continuous improvement initiatives of technology involved in production of current products and manufacturing processes
- Performs competitive analyses on current and new technologies
- Identifies and develops new materials or improvements to current materials for products
- Analyzes and researches opportunities for cost performance of current products
- Researches literature/IP for freedom to operate in potential new products
- Self-motivated, apply new technology. Innovation driven, make recommendations for new product opportunities.
- Project management, lead team on technical projects
- Performs additional duties as needed and/or assigned by supervision/management
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Polymer Science, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Significant experience in a similar product development position
- Detailed knowledge of extrusion and manufacturing processes
- Experience in PVC formulating, HDPE, wood plastic composites, and coatings a plus
- Experience in design and development of products or surfaces for outdoor use
- Computer skills to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate upwardly to top management and downward to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects
- Occasional travel required
Job ID: 35275