Enterprise Architect – Quakertown, PA
The Enterprise Architect works within a diverse group of technical and business stakeholders to understand business needs and roadmaps with a goal of enabling smart technology strategies for competitive advantage across all of the Client’s lines of business.
Work with and stay abreast of the latest technologies and technological opportunities across many technologies and platforms.
Reporting to the Director Of IT, the Enterprise Architect has senior-level responsibility and high visibility, working with IT Executive leadership for:
- Oversight of design, integration and implementation of enterprise class systems
- Establishing, developing and promoting the strategies and roadmaps for IT systems and technologies to include standard architectures/frameworks for enterprise applications (e.g., data, application, advanced computing, security, platform, web, integrations, etc.)
- Focus on leading and driving innovation with disruptive technologies and new or reinvigorated business models in order to deliver business outcomes.
- The evaluation and selection of any new technology, application, or platform at Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Maintain and improve upon the Enterprise Architecture (EA) process, Architectural technology standards for integrations, Governance of architecture standards and Technology strategy
- Work closely with the IT PMO organization to ensure the EA governance processes are in alignment with the overall IT PMO process
- Research, understand, and stay current with relevant business and technology trends and apply them to current business objectives.
- 5+ years’ experience as an IT Architect with increasing levels of responsibility (i.e. Domain, Software, Advanced Computing, Enterprise)
- 10+ years of IT experience, including implementation experience with one or more common enterprise software solutions and infrastructure filling positions of increasing responsibility and management of more senior level technical resources
- Ability to work with Senior IT Executives on the strategy and roadmaps to support the Business strategies from the various LOB.
- Deep understanding of SDLC, IT Change Control processes, Deployment Methodologies and Application Server Life Cycle Management is required.
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration, including leadership in guiding customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technology for business use cases
- Demonstrate excellent, context-specific communication and presentation skills across a variety of audiences and situations; established habit of proactively and ability to self-start/learn/manage
- Team player with strong listening and interpersonal skills; strong desire to take on constructive feedback/coaching and make definitive changes; self-awareness and the ability to adapt communication and interaction styles to best suit an audience, situation, or desired outcome
- Detail and quality oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Demonstrate a desire and proven action in learning new technologies. Stay current on existing ones, pursuing experience and certifications in leading edge or primary technology areas.
- Candidate must have outstanding leadership and communications skills in order to effectively work with the Senior IT Executives.
- Extensive experience in large global business transformation initiatives such as shared services, ERP and CRM platform consolidations and strategies.
- Integration experience involving any of: JD Edwards E1, SAP, Siebel, Web Services and/or other ERP packages is required.
Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or have 15+ years equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
Job ID: 35193